Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

First off, I'd like to wish all of my fellow Fathers a Happy Father's day. I'd also like to wish those of you and specifically my good friends that have lost their Dads a Happy Father's day. We wouldn't be who we are without having the love and guidance of our Dads, Papis and Old Men. Thank you for everything you've done for us. Thank you Dads for showing us what it is to be men. From our way of dress, to our mannerisms, to how we are supposed to treat all people with respect (especially the ladies).

Most of all I'd like to thank my Dad for without him, God knows where I'd be today. Thank you for instilling in me the idea of a positive work ethic, the idea of knowing who you hangout with to how their actions reflect on you both positively and negatively (and vice versa), and the idea of getting an education to being the main way in order to advance myself in life. I know that raising a boy in these last few years can be tough (As I know with the upcoming challenges that Brigette and I will face with not only our son but with both of our little ones). Outside influences as drugs, alcohol and crime can easily lead a young man down the wrong path and to keep one from going down that path proves to be often a daunting challenge that not only my father faced but both of my parents in raising me. I know that the path was full of head butting, arguing and resistance but thanks to their persistence, love and strict upbringing, I've been able to enjoy a fruitful life and hope to be able to provide the same to my children.

Thank you Papi, and Feliz Dia De Los Padres. Love you.

1 comment:

mary f said...

This is sweet- a tribute to dads all over. Yes, they r great! You too are great thanks to ur father. Ur wife is very lucky to have a man like u in her life forever.