Tuesday, June 22, 2010

If A Tree Falls in the Forest, Do the Finns Hear It?

This guy walks in to the bar and I approach him for his ID. Now, I tend to stand out due to my size especially in an empty bar. The funny thing was, as I'm talking to him saying "Hello" and "Excuse Me" he just walks by me as if I wasn't even there. Now I know people have of late told me that I look as if I've been losing weight but really now folks. Three times I call to him and nothing. Ben steps in and tells him that he needs to show me his ID, he turns and looks at me as if I was Green and had 4 eyes. Here is how the conversation went:

"Did you not see me as I stood next to you saying Hello and excuse me"

"I'm from Finland"

"Ok, does that mean that people from Finland can't hear?"

"Oh, I don't understand very well"

"Dude, you're talking to me in English, what don't you understand. Your ID please"

"I only have a credit card"

Since I realized that he was only coming in to use the bathroom, I bid him farewell in a clear and concise voice that he could understand. Lucky for him I didn't put my foot up his Finnish ass. Douche.

No comments: