Saturday, January 3, 2015

Update on the 60-Week Challenge

Happy New Year to you all. Just wanted to give you all a brief update my progress on the 60-Week challenge. As I described in my last post, I am adjusting the 52-week savings challenge for 60-weeks taking advantage of the seven weeks that I was working before the new year plus one week in advance. Why one week? I figure that there will be a week where I won't be able to put into the pot so I would be ahead of the game if I did hit that point.

So far I am 12.5% into the challenge. Now I am doing one challenge at intervals of a dollar and one challenge at an interval of a quarter. So far in week 8 for the dollar challenge, I am at $36 dollars saved. For the quarter challenge I have $9 dollars saved. Now I know the amounts don't seem like much, but the savings start slow and accumulate during the year. The big challenge for me is trying to stay on mark during the weeks where the amounts to be deposited go into the double digits. Hopefully my budgeting will free up enough money that I can continue with the challenge. I guess I'll worry about that when I get to it. For now, here is how the coffee cans look like:


For my next post, I look at ways that we can save money from the perspective as New Yorkers who work in the big city by looking at the amounts of money that we spend on breakfast and lunch. Also, let me know how you are doing with your money challenge. Any suggestions and ideas?

Until next time,
FH

No comments: