Tuesday, January 12, 2010

People Have Some Nerve

Part I
Ok, so I'm at the front door and had the most bizarre experience. I just had some foreign chick correct me by saying that I didn't ask her for her ID with a "please". If any of you that know me have seen and heard me work, I always ask for ID's with courtesy and respect...that includes saying please. I live by the theory, you treat them nice coming in, they treat you nice going out, but I digress.

So after I told her that I said please, but to amuse her I said Please again she shows me her passport. I thank her making sure that I listen carefully for the "You're Welcome" that I knew would not come. Of course, I find that those who correct someone one their manners never really have any to begin with.

So in a little piece of petty snobbery, I loudly said "You're welcome" and corrected her by saying when someone thanks you protocol dictates you say you're welcome.And to top it off, she left not a red-cent on the bar.

Proper decorum prevents me from describing her as I would like to.

Part II
Once again, these two foreign chicks come in as I just finish changing a keg. As I approach one of the ladies and ask her for her ID, she points her finger up gesturing for me to wait as she storms by me headed to the bathroom.

I have to admit, she caught me off guard leaving me telling the other young lady that was with her that she was rude. As tempted as I was to pull her back by her long hair, my being the gentleman that I am, caused me to hold back and just let her use the bathroom.

I mean, I would never dare go in a bar to only use the bathroom and not ask if I could. The nerve.

Is it a full moon tonight?
Later,
FH

No comments: