Monday, March 22, 2010

My experience with Divx Customer Service

Last month I purchased the Divx Pro 7.0 bundle for my video editing needs. So I noticed that is past weekend, there was an upgrade to the Divx Pro from 7.0 to 8.0 and I decided to download the upgrade. When I loaded up the Divx Pro Converter 8.0 program, it said I was on a trial. Since I owned the license for the prior version for less than two months, I felt that I should have been eligible for the free upgrade. So I contacted Divx customer support through their website Divx Support.

To their credit, I received a response earlier today and here is their response:

Dear DivX user,

Free upgrade is only available for customers who have purchased DivX Pro 7 within 30 days of the DivX Plus launch, March 16th.

I see you have made your purchase 02/04/2010. Technically, you are not eligible for this free upgrade.

However, you are eligible for a 50% off discount when upgrading to DivX Plus.

On top of that, since the date is so close and I can totally relate to your issue, we are going to give you a free upgrade anyways.

Here is how you can get a free upgrade to DivX Plus:

Go ahead and install the latest DivX Plus bundle:

http://download.cnet.com/DivX-Plus/3000-13632_4-10062728.html?part=dl-79917&subj=dl&tag=button

You will not need to purchase again your MPEG-2 plug-in. That will work as usual after you register. In order to register your DivX Plus bundle, go to Start > All Programs > DivX Plus > Register. Then enter the Serial numbers:

Please let us know if the above does not answer your issue.

Thank you,
DivX Support Team


I have to tell you, Divx could have easily said you can get the product at 50% off which still would have been only $10 dollars, but with their extra effort of giving me the free upgrade, Divx can always count on my loyalty. Awesome.

FH

No comments: