Thursday, August 12, 2010

Miriam Miriam Needs My Help

I must be a magnet for the email scams these days. This time I received not only one email from a "young lady from Ghana named Miriam Miriam" but three. She must be special to have the same first and last names. She really must have something important for me since she's trying to hard to contact me. Well here's the first one she sent me:

HELLO,

I AM MIRIAM FROM ACCRA,GHANA. MY PARENTS AND MY ONLY BROTHER WERE KILLED IN AN ACCIDENT. SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN WITH MY UNCLES BUT THEY HAVE MADE THING TO BE MORE DIFFICULT FOR ME BECAUSE OF THEIR EYES ON MY LATE FATHER’S PROPERTIES. BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER, HE HAS $5.5 M USD IN A FIXED DEPOSIT DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT WITH A BANK IN ACCRA, GHANA, WHICH I AM THE NEXT OF KIN. I HUMBLY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE IN TRANSFERRING THIS FUND FOR INVESTMENT AND I WILL GIVE YOU 20% FOR YOU EFFORT .ON HEARING FROM YOU I WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS.

SINCERELY
MIRIAM


I guess since I didn't answer her first request, she decided to be a bit more familiar in her second email to me:

DEAREST ONE
I AM VERY SORRY FOR APPROACHING YOU THROUGH THIS WAY KNOWING MY MESSAGE WILL COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE SINCE I DON'T KNOW YOU OR MET WITH YOU BEFORE BUT AM OF THE BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD BE OBLIGED TO COME TO MY ASSISTANCE AFTER HEARING ABOUT MY SITUATION.I AM MIRIAM ,18 YEAR OLD GIRL, I WAS FORMERLY A MEDICAL STUDENT OF UNIVERSITY OF GHANA.LATE LAST YEAR OCTOBER 2009,THE REBELS IN MY COUNTRY STRUCK OUR TOWNSHIP AND KILL MY PARENTS BECAUSE MY FATHER WAS A POLITICAL LEADER IN MY COUNTRY GHANA.BEFORE HIS DEATH HE HAS $5.5 M USD IN A DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT WITH A BANK IN GHANA WHICH I AM THE NEXT OF KIN.PLEASE I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS,TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND,PROVIDE A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE THIS MONEY WOULD BE TRANSFERRED,MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER AND LOOK FOR A GOOD VENTURE WHERE THIS MONEY WILL BE INVESTED,I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 20% OF TH TOTAL SUM AS COMPENSATION OF YOUR EFFORT AND 5% FOR ANY OTHER EXPENSE YOU MADE AFTER A SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER

THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU
SINCERELY
MIRIAM


So now I am being address as "Dearest One". Very coquettish Miriam. You must be a real minx LOL. Not waiting for me to answer her, she sends me a third email a minute later:

Dearest One

I feel quite safe dealing with you through this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest, surest and most secured medium of communication.I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise as we have never met before, but still i will want you to take me like a friend, and glance through my short letter.I am Miriam, 18yrs from Ghana,the only Survived child of Late Mr Robert who was murdered alongside my mother and only brother last year by rebels. I am Presently in an orphanage because of wickedness of uncle's and relatives. Before his death he had a domiciliary account here, up to the tune of (Five Million Five Hundred Thousand US dollars).Please I need your assistance to get this money transferred to you for my education, investment and to be my guardian before my uncles will get hold of me and the money. I shall forward to you with the necessary documents on confirmation of your acceptance to assist me for the transfer of the money to you. I shall be glad to reserve this respect and opportunity for you, if you so desire, but i do urge you to give the matter your immediate attention it deserves. If this proposal is acceptable by you, please do not make undue advantage of the trust i bestow on you,and your urgent reply is highly needed today. I am willing to offer you reasonable percentage from the total money as compensation for your effort. May God touch your heart and use you to bring back happiness and joy in my life

Your Sincerely
Miriam


Again with the Dearest One Miriam? This Miriam sure is persistent and capable at pulling at the heart-strings. She needs me to help her with a money transfer in the sum of Five Million Five Hundred Thousand US dollars to be used for her education, investments and to be used so I can become her guardian. This little 18-year old almost made me crack a crocodile tear.

Are people really that gullible in cyber-land? I must be in the wrong line of work if these scammers are actually successful in their attempts to bilk money from poor saps. Amazing, simply amazing.

FH

No comments: