Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Zach Shows Up at the Bleecker Street Bar

Zach Galifianakis of the Hangover walks into the bar with a few of his friends (Yes I know it sounds like the beginning to a joke). As he walks in, he does so during a routine Police Community check. The male officer says to me "He looks like the guy from the Hangover". I shrug since I really wouldn't have noticed that it was him if the officer hadn't mentioned it. So I do my job and ID him and his lady friend and here is how the repartee went:

"May I see your ID please"
"You really need it?"
"Yes I do" 
"But I'm 41 years old"
"You don't look 41"
"You must say that to all the ladies"
"Only to some of them"


I smile at him and shoot a glance in the direction of the cops as I say it. He grudgingly says "OK" and pulls out his ID. To he honest, had the police officer not mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have recognized him. We get our fair share of regular looking dudes with big beards in the bar so he really didn't stand out in my mind and as I told him after the police left, I didn't think that he was 41 years old.

No comments: