Saturday, May 29, 2010

Anxiousness on the Iron Horse #6

So the 6 that I was on was stalled at 42nd Street Grand Central Station for a few minutes due to the "Train Dispatcher Holding the Train". No biggie. Here's where the scenario takes a weird turn.

Unknowingly, I was moving my legs while seated listening to my tunes and apparently that was bothering a woman seated at the end of the car. She came up to me and asked me to take my headphones off. Which I did. She proceeded to say something similar to this:

"I'm sorry to ask you this, but do you mind not moving your legs. Waiting here on the train is bad enough but the moving of your legs is irritating me. I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be asking you this but I'm getting off in a few stops."

Wow! My friend Leslie yesterday commented to me on Facebook that I really have strange experiences and this one can't even be blamed on the late night. I guess I can understand her point. Maybe she suffers from anxiety and waiting for the train to move can be trying. I told her that I would try my best to avoid moving my legs. She profusely apologized. She was embarrased since I guess she reacted without thinking about it. Lucky it was me and not another anxious person. LOL.

True to my word, I stopped and true to hers she got off on 28th Street. Another glorious evening in NYC.

1 comment:

Brigette said...

it was very good of you to be so understanding...