Monday, May 24, 2010

Unplugging and Privacy Settings

So I recently unplugged from Facebook (specifically) and the web in a general basis. Why you may ask? Well, to be perfectly honest, I was tired of having to pull my battery from my phone. The Facebook app on my Blackberry is such a damn memory hog that it was such a drain (pardon my pun, LOL) on my phone.

In addition, I enjoy commenting on the status updates of some of my friends. But man, some of their friends have some of the most stupid comments. It gets annoying when someone says something ignorant and just plain dumb in a otherwise lively debate. What's even worse is those people who choose to interrupt said debate by asking and commenting things that surely belong in a private message. The nerve of some people. So that's my rant on the unplugging from Facebook.

Now on to the new privacy settings. People love to blame Facebook for their changes. I hear people say "Facebook is making my information available" or "Facebook is making my pictures available". Well folks, herein lies the rub. See the simple little two letter word I have in both quotations? Yes, the word MY people. It was you who chose to join Facebook and put your name, email address, private phone number (which for the life of me I can't understand how any person with a shred of common sense can do) and other private information not to mention pictures.

Listen chicky, if you don't want people seeing the pictures of the time you were on vacation and passed out from drinking too many Long Island Iced Teas and your flabby cottage cheese ass was showing past the way too short and way too tight skirt you were "supposedly" wearing with the bra and blouse/top that were obviously 3 sizes too small for you then YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE POSTED THEM. Don't blame Facebook. You're the ones to blame. People can only see and know what information you provide. In this case: don't tell, don't know.

Am I wrong? Here goes the re-plugging. Ah, I'm in. LOL.
Later
FH

No comments: