Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Sharp Dressed Young Man

Very often I see many of the male youth of this city wearing their pants down past their ass showing us their boxers. I have to admit, it irks me when I see that. But I have to give credit when it's due. Allow me to explain. Sitting down in front of me on the train was this young Latino man. I'm assuming he's a recent High School graduate or a High School senior since he's wearing his HS graduation ring. His hair is short with a nicely shaped sideburns and a small mustache to match. He was clean shaven. He wore a crisp black suit with a stylish peach colored shirt (with a stiff collar I might add). Providing a perfect match for the suit was a black tie with accents of small martini and highball glasses. The irony is that he might not be old enough to enjoy an alcoholic drink but he wears the tie well. He has a simply gold colored watch along his left wrist. He has on simple black shoes and the only flaw I would find in his ensemble are the white socks he's wearing. In my opinion, dark socks with a dark suit is preferable. At last, there's a sign of hope with the youth of this country. Always look good my young Latino brother. You're the future. Represent us with the pride and class that you show with how you're dressed.

No comments: