Saturday, September 10, 2011

Drugs Are Bad?

I'm here at the bar eavesdropping on a conversation that this group is having regarding drugs. Some of the drugs that were mentioned were Ecstacy, MDMA, Acid and Mushrooms. I have to admit that for as knowledgeable and savvy that I believe that I am, I have NO idea what drugs are about. I don't have a clue what MDMA, ecstasy and acid look like let alone know how to take it.

Now let me clarify something right off the bat: I Don't Regret Not Taking Drugs. It's not something that I really ever wanted to do. I be the first to admit that I don't like the smell of pot. The smell repels me and I can count on less than 10 fingers how many times I have smoked weed. It's just not something that I like to do. 

I do have to say, that listening to the people talk about how much of a feeling of camaraderie and enlightenment that they say they had on this drugs with others is somewhat enviable. What is certainly enviable are the feelings of creativeness that seems to reach close to home with me. As of late I seem to be suffering from a lack of creativeness that stems from a variety of reasons. To hear them say that their being on the drug gave them the feeling that a part of their imagination that has been lost was active again was amazing. That it felt as if many dormant synapses in their brain has come to life causing their brain to open up with life is intriguing.  To feel as you were as a child running around without a care in the world does indeed sound ideal. This does create a bit of conflict. What to do.

Does that mean that I'm going to run out and do a shitload of drugs? LOL. No, not at all. Like I said, they aren't something that I strive for. But as seen recently in the plot-line of the movie Limitless, if you were given the opportunity to age a pill to open up full usage of your brain, would you say no?

Just makes you wonder.

FH

2 comments:

JTB said...

Ha! I don't think that anyone strives to take drugs. You would have to be stupid or addicted and that is a different conversation. Sometimes in life people you know and trust put something, anything in front of you and you must make a leap of faith. I've had good times and bad times on drugs just like I have had good days and bad days in life itself. Drugs whether they are prescribed by your doctor or given by a mate, are something that EVERY person must figure out for themselves. No one can make that decision for you.

SiscoVanilla said...

Thanks for the comment JTB. While I agree with 99% of your statements, I have to somewhat disagree with your assessment that anyone would not strive to take drugs. I've known one or two people that have made it their goal in life to try and experiment with any and every type of drug, hallucinogenic and mind altering chemical that they came across. Whether they were stupid or addicted would be up to them to answer. But thoughout History there have been many an "intelligent" person who took drugs for whatever their reasons and due to whatever influences. And you're right, that is a different conversation for a different day.

Thanks again,
FH