Saturday, April 14, 2012

Entitlement

So he's a snippet of the entitlement issues we deal with on a daily basis. So this couple comes in and sits in the front booth. They are holding a large soda cup, the kind you would get at McDonalds. The waitress notices that they sit down and asks if they would like a drink. The woman answers "No" with an attitude. I get a gist of it and go up to be nosy. The man obviously went back to the bathroom while the woman waited for him.

When he came back, they get up to leave and I notice the soda cup was left on the table. I ask the man if that cup is his and with the same attitude his companion had answers me testily with a "Yes". I politely ask him to please take his cup with him and incredulously he asks me "Well where do you want me to take it". I point to the garbage can outside and say "You can throw it out there". He huffs while picking up the cup and storms out of the bar. 

I mean really folks, you come into a somewhat busy bar, take up a table, use the bathroom, don't buy any drinks and then expect us to clean up after you? Come on. I don't know what world you live in, but that shit doesn't fly in mine. 

FH

2 comments:

@mexicanfeminist said...

I think most Texans would be too afraid to go into a New York bar to use the restroom without buying something. Much less would we walk in with a cup from another place. Hilarious. But entitlement is everywhere. Thanks for posting this.

SiscoVanilla said...

I don't know if it's afraid or having manners. Since we don't serve food we're a bit leinient with bringing food in from outside. At the very least leave a tip for using the bathroom. People feel that they have the right to utilize the facilities in a private business without having to buy something. I guess I see it differently since I work in a bar. Thanks for reading. =)