Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Woman on the 6 Train

So there's this woman on the 6 train giving us quite the show. Wow. Its amazing to watch her in action. If I was someone else, I'd video her. But in doing so I would feel bad that I'd be invading her privacy. She doesn't seem drunk or high for that matter. She's clean, well dressed, adorned with jewelry like bracelets and anklets. She has a nice big purple purse (which Momma-San would be really impressed with). I really don't know. To the naked eye she seems mentally ill or possessed.

In addition to the invasion of privacy, I'm also afraid that if I do video her I'm afraid of the stuff that might appear in the video. Like in the horror movies where an aura is often seen emanating from someone who is possessed. Let me give you a quick synopsis of her behavior:

She sits just cackling and speaking gibberish with her right hand raised. Then she starts arguing with the someone or something that she seems to see and gets up and starts shaking and convulsing while squealing and laughing as she does it. Then she walks around shaking her head until she sits down and puts her sweater on and fixes her dreads. She gets up and does it again this time stopping at one of the ads on the train and whispers sweet nothings to the image on the ad while taking her sweater off. Then she sits down and does a little dance and jiggle. After that she stops to arrange her top flopping her breasts around taking them out as she fixes her top to make them fit. Like I said earlier. Quite the show folks.

I'll be honest with you. I'm not sure what is more unnerving. Could it be the woman's convulsions, contortions, gyrations, speaking in gibberish, her high pitch squeals and laughs or the people on the train that don't even bat an eyelash at her behavior and sit there like nothing is going on. One dude actually sleeping right across from her with no headphones on. That's a mighty strong sleep he has going to not have her disturb him.

Most people from other cities would be going from one car to the next getting the hell out of dodge. Shit, at 59th Street she scared the living daylights out of a group of tourists causing them to scatter like a gaggle of geese with one of her banshee-like shrieks. But no, us New Yorkers just sit there and stare through her and everyone else as we sit in our private little clear cubes of personal space.

We New Yorkers are a fucked up breed of urban dwellers. I think the worst are the ones observing her and posting what they see to FB and their blogs. Remind you of someone? LOL.

Its like I say on the regular: As much as people try to make NYC as shiny as a brand spanking new penny, the old NYC rears its ugly head just to let us know that it exists and is never too far. Ya gotta love my old NYC.

FH

No comments: