Thursday, July 5, 2012

Who's The Boss

Yesterday I worked the rare day shift at the bar. Since it was the 4th of July I figured that I was in for a slow day. Instead I got a lively shift full of a variety of rotating tourists and one asshole. Why an asshole? Read on.

These two guys come in and order two of the personal pitchers of Bass. About a half hour later, one of the guys. Alls me over and complains that his beer was warm. Now mind you, he's doing this AFTER the beers were finished. Now I know I've been bartending for a little more than a year but I've worked in a bar since 1995. No way am I falling for that. Here's how it played out:

Him: Hey, our beer was warm.

Me: No it wasn't. If it was warm you would have complained about it when you first tasted it.

It was warm when we finished it.

When you order a beer that big and take a half hour to finish it (after I looked and pointed at the clock) it's going to end up warm.

I thought the person who paid was the boss.

Ok, this is where I get irked. It's this mentality as with "The Customer Is Always Right" mentality that people have that pisses me off. It's just not true.

That's not true. Want to know why?

Why

Because at home I always pay and I'm not the boss

To that I just smile at him and he just sits there quietly. Guess I struck a nerve on Mr. Who Pays is the Boss

You want two more beers?

He puts up two fingers with nothing else said. What else could he say. Jackass.

FH


1 comment:

-R said...

Excellent! Well done, hermano!