Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In Boston Part I

We arrive pretty much on time to Boston South Station and decide that since its been 12 years since the last time I was in Beantown I need to find my bearings. Keep in mind that I didn't bring a map or guide book with me. For one, I have no Idea where my old one is. Secondly, even if I had found it, it would probably be outdated.

The last time I was in Boston, the city was in chaos due to the construction projected dubbed the "Big Dig". I am happy to say that things in Boston these days are much less chaotic. . With that in mind I call Harper and decide to meet him and the crew by Fenway Park. Off I go to re-experience the "T". You would think that I am a veteran of the New York City subway system that I would be able to navigate easily in Boston's public transit system.

I asked one of the transit workers for the best way to transfer to the Green line which leaves you at Kenmore Station right by Fenway Park. He sounds like he tells me to take the Red line and transfer at Pahk Street for the Green Line. It took me a couple of seconds to realize where I was and that he had said Park Street. LOL. Ah, those Bahston accents,

So I get off at Kenmore and the area looks familiar from the last time I was in Boston. I end up meeting Harper and the crew at the Cask and Flagon. That bar was pretty awesome. TVs all over. It was packed to the brim with members of the Red Sox nation. Luckily for me I went up there incognito. No Yankee colors for me. LOL.
After a quick drink, off we went into to Fenway Park. Now I'll save my impressions of Fenway for my next post. But I will say this for our seats: WOW!!!!!!

FH

- Click Here for Part IV of my Boston trip adventure

No comments: