Monday, March 28, 2011

It's Bad Over There

A guy comes up to me while I'm waiting for the Downtown #6 train on 14th Street-Union Square. He's pointing to the rear of the station an saying that things are worse over there. I take my headphones off to hear him, not knowing if there was a problem of if he was just a nut. Lo and behold, he was a little screwy.

He says to me that things are bad over there but are worse in Santo Domingo and Puerto Rico. He's dipping in and out of English and Spanish as he spoke not sure if I understood him. He goes on to say that going to jail in Santo Domingo and Puerto Rico is not like going to jail here. There are no libraries or free lawyers. I just nodded to him and as he walked away he yelled out in Spanish: Coño, ni hay agua, which for you monolinguals means Damnit, there's not even water.

The moral of the story? If you are going to go to jail, don't do it in Santo Domingo or Puerto Rico or how about this thought, how about trying not to go to jail. Just saying.

FH

No comments: