Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Survived Halloween 2011

Yesterday was the first Halloween that I worked as a bar-tender and I must say it was a doozy of a shift. Thanks to the main man John, we had a record night (well at least for me) behind the sticks. There are a few things I want to touch on here in this post. Let's do this.

Why is it that people who are out on a busy night like Halloween are such assholes. I mean really, who asks for a Manhattan, a Cosmopolitan and a Dirty Martini when the bar is three to four deep. Have some consideration. it's not all about you and the fancy cocktail that you want. Sure I made them as my job specifies but I sure didn't like it. LOL.

Here's the opposite, who in the Benny Hill asks for a recommendation for a shot when the bar is three or four deep. Don't ask your bartender who is completely swamped with people waving glow sticks, hats, hands and in one case bare breasts to get his attention so that you can ask them for what they recommend for a shot. Even worse, don't ask them for a Halloween Special shot. Really now. Its like asking a bartender at an Irish pub on St. Patrick's Day to make you a Green Irish themed shot. He or she will pouring a Guinness and a Jameson and you'll drink it. Damn amateurs. Know what you like an order it. Keep the sampling for a night that's not busy. A bartender like me won't mind experimenting on a slow night. You might even get to sample a few shots for free. 

This point is something that goes back to my post on how to take control of your money. You have no idea how many people swiped their cards for a one or two drink transaction and then came back to use their cards again. The irony is that I overheard the same people complaining about banks and the current state of affairs. Well let me tell you buccos, you're doing what the banks want. Reckless and frivolous swiping of your cards (be it Debit or Credit) just makes the banks more an more money in the form of fees. If you damn well know that you are going to have more than one drink keep the damn tab open. But no, some of these obnoxious fools just keep swiping swiping and swiping. Poor fools.

Ok peeps. I'm swamped. Hope you had a safe Halloween and may your hangovers be minimal an somewhat painless. BTW, the request of the night was made to Izzie when she was asked: What kind of drinks to you have? Damn amateurs. LOL.

Peace.
FH

No comments: