Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14th and the Pitifulness of the Day

For anyone of you who seriously knows me, knows my stance on the day popularly known as Valentine's Day. I think it's a bullshit holiday created by the Chocolate, Jewelry, Flowers and Greeting card industries to get the gullible public to spend their hard earned money so soon after Christmas. And I'm not some bitter man, who is still feeling the sting of an ex-lover and has turned his back on love and romance. Far from it. But I personally don't feel that I need a day on the calendar to show how I feel towards my wife and loved ones. To me that's just further proof of the Lemming behavior that seems to have permeated our modern society. But that's not the troubling point.

What bothers me the most is what I've heard from people, mainly ladies the last few days. Not to call people out (because there has been a large number of women to tell me this during this past weekend) but if you tell me that your man needs a day like Valentine's day to show you how important you are in his life as opposed to him doing it on the most randomnest of days then ladies you know what: YOU NEED A NEW MAN!!!!! It's as simple as that. If your man (and men the point applies to your ladies as well) needs to see a red heart on his calendar to show you your importance in his life then he's just not worth your time. To me, it seems purely asinine that we need to be prodded by commercials, pretty displays and peer pressure to show our lover, wife, partner, mistress (if you have one or a few, LOL) that they are important to us.

Be spontaneous on any day of the week and it doesn't have to be showy and over the top. If your lady likes a particular food, surprise her. If she likes flowers (why someone would buy an item that will die in a few days is beyond me. it doesn't reflect well on how you view the person you are giving them to) then get her some on the random day. Variety is the spice of life and don't be the moron that neglects your lady on every day but Valentine's Day. I guarantee you, there's another dude who sees things the way I do and will swoop in and take her away from your dumb ass with the simplest of gestures. And ladies, stop being so gullible. Find yourself a man who is worth your time. But as I know, most of you out there will maintain your lemming mentality as it is believed that ignorance is bliss. For in reality, what do I truly know, I'm just a bouncer. LOL.

FH

No comments: