Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Free Ride is Officially Over!!!!

Today marks the day in my life when I realize that there is truly nothing free in this world of ours. I went into the TD Bank on 85th and 3rd to use the Penny Arcade machine to cash in my son's share of the loose change that I put away towards the kids' fund. To my surprise as I approach the machine I notice a little sign that says "A 6% transaction fee will be applied to non TD Bank Customers". So bad enough the poor little banks have eliminated free checking accounts, now they are charging a transaction fee on change that they will end up using to make a profit on.

Bad enough I closed my accounts at Commerce Bank/TD Bank years ago because of their NYC customer fee that they were applying to my accounts. Yes folks, we paid a fee for the privilege of having out accounts in NYC. If the fee was applied to all customers then I wouldn't be too upset, though I probably would have still closed the accounts. Now my change has a fee attached to it as well. We won't be seeing that commercial with Regis and Kathy Lee's replacement with the mason jar full of coins on the boob-tube any more. I guess they need to find a way to pay for all the lollipops and dog biscuits they give out for "free".

I guess unless I have to go into a TD Bank for work purposes, I'll never go into one again.

FH

No comments: